Scan & Learn Series • Upper Secondary English Comprehension (Syllabus 1184)
FREE delivery for bulk purchases of 3 books or more. Kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org to make your order.
The Scan & Learn Series • Upper Secondary English Comprehension workbook is the first of its kind – it has a learning platform built into it. This book is a thoughtfully designed learning experience. This book is designed in adherence to the latest GCE “O”-Levels English assessment format and it will prepare you for the comprehension component in your English examination (Paper 2, Sections A, B and C).
The QR codes on every page of this book are linked to online Reading Aids and Vocabulary Banks to help students with the comprehension text and the questions in the book. Books & People has designed the book to allow learning to be engaging and interactive. The Reading Aids are designed to help students understand the comprehension text, the questions and how to arrive at the answers.
This book is also designed to empower students to learn many things – Books & People has curated thematically related ebooks, Kahoot! games, documentaries and many other surprises on its online platform to inspire learning beyond the comprehension texts. There is a treasure trove of invaluable resources that were carefully curated. These curated articles, videos and infographics will encourage deeper reading and deeper learning into the topic featured in the comprehension texts.
All the online resources are accessible via your mobile or laptop devices.
Teachers and students will find his book to be a useful tool for Home-Based Learning, Independent Learning, and classroom discussions.
• O-Level English examination (Paper 2, Sections A, B and C)
• Syllabus 1184 • New Scheme of Assessment from 2023
• Level: Upper Secondary
• There are 10 Comprehension exercises in the book
• Reading Aids to all 10 exercises are tagged online – these Reading Aids are easily accessible with a mobile phone or computer
• All exercises are integrated with online resources (articles, videos, infographics, Kahoot! etc.) to facilitate teaching and promote students’ learning
• All resources curated and written are intended to be edifying, entertaining and educational
• The answer key is also easily accessible with a mobile QR-code scanner or a computer
• For more information on how to use this book, please visit: https://www.booksandpeople.com.sg/how-to-use-this-comprehension-book/
Shipping & Delivery (Singapore only)
We will mail out packages within 1 to 2 business days.
• All single book purchases will be shipped by non-registered post via Singpost.
• For purchases of two or more books, packages will be delivered via Speedpost Standard with Tracking Number.
Do note that orders received over the weekends will only be processed on the following Monday.